Blue-Con is currently seeking an experienced Civil Estimator.
Project Estimator - Construction
Terms of Employment: This is a full-time, permanent position.
Employment Conditions: Weekday (Mon-Fri)
The role :
- Assist in gathering proposals, with the purpose of completing project estimates
- Read and evaluate, in great detail, the plans, specifications and addendum to produce accurate takeoffs, productions, costing, subcontractor and supplier selection.
- Write clear and concise scopes of work for estimates based on BC standard templates.
- Confidently see the bid process through to completion in an accurate and timely fashion
- Coordinate with Sub-trades and Suppliers while maintaining quality relationships
- Manage and monitor the project's success through to completion
- Participate in regular meetings to update team on projects progress
- 5+ years of experience within the heavy civil construction sector
- CET or equivalent designation
- Degree or diploma in related discipline
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and ability to work within a team
Attach resume and cover letter.